Year 13 Mock Interviews and Preparation Workshop
HYMS will be holding an interview preparation workshop followed by a full mock interview on the following dates
Hull: 19th October 2016 10:30am - 4:00pm
York: 26th October 2016 10:30am - 4:00pm
If you would be interested in attending, please complete the sign up form
Places will be confirmed by 12th October.
Making Connections is suitable for students in Years 12 and 13 who are taking Biology and Chemistry at A Level.
Making Connections aims to develop an understanding of the Problem Based Learning (PBL) method used at HYMS and to raise aspirations of students wishing to study medicine. The PBL method encourages students to apply their biology and chemistry knowledge to real life scenarios and develop learning outcomes based on these discoveries.
Making Connections is a two part session for students to learn more about the teaching methods at HYMS and to have a go at some bio-practical work in our lab.
- Students are introduced to Problem Based Learning (PBL) at HYMS
- Student work through a PBL session with current undergraduates at HYMS
- Students develop their learning outcomes to take away and research in their own time
- Students attend a session at the HYMS multi-functional laboratory to work on clinical skills linked to the PBL case
University of Hull
Wednesday 16th and 23rd November 2016, 1:30pm-3:00pm
Wednesday 22nd and 29th March 2017, 1:30-3:00pm
University of York
Wednesday 1st and 8th March 2017, 1:30-3:00pm
Please contact Alexandra Jeffrey to book or to discuss a Making Connections session.
Uncovering Medical School
Uncovering Medical School is suitable for students from Year 10 upwards who are considering applying to study Medicine. This information based session focuses on the application process and the course at HYMS.
Sessions can cover any or all of the following:
- Understand the admissions process to medical school including grade requirements and personal statements
- Learn about the interview process and practise communication techniques.
- Learn more about the course at HYMS
- Understand what is involved in Problem Based Learning
To book a session please contact Alexandra.firstname.lastname@example.org