Suitable for: Year 12
We are working with the Royal College of General Practitioners to offer 3 days of work experience this summer.
The work experience programme is a fantastic opportunity for you to find out what Medicine is really like, gain first hand experience of working within a clinical environment, see real patient-doctor interactions, and to explore the life of a doctor.
As part of the programme not only will we match you with a GP surgery, you will also attend a pre-placement workshop (4 June 2019) to prepare you for your work experience, as well as a post-placement workshop (10, 11 or 12 September 2019) for you to reflect on your experience.
In order to be successful at application you need to meet the following criteria:
- Year 12 student attending a state school/college, and live within North Yorkshire, East Riding, Humberside, or North and North East Lincolnshire and meet some additional criteria
You must also meet 2 of the following:
- From a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below, OR in receipt of 16-19 Bursary fund or Discretionary Learner support with income threshold of £25,000, OR in receipt of free school meals during GCSEs
- In the first generation of your immediate family to apply to Higher Education
- You live in a neighbourhood which has a low progression rate to higher education (defined by home postcode)
- Attend, or have attended, a school which achieved less than the national average of 5 A* to C passes (including English and Maths) at GCSE
- Are living, or have previously lived in local authority care (if you meet this criteria you do not need to meet 1 other)
How to apply
Applications are made online.
The closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 13 May 2019.