Research Nurse currently working on the Bowel Scope Screening study sponsored by University College London (UCL) and funded by Yorkshire Cancer Research.
Previously worked within Hull York Medical School on early diagnosis cancer studies.
Research Nurse, qualified York 2003(DipHE Adult Nursing), BSc 2009, MSc 2011.
- Staff Nurse at York Hospital
- Clinical Advisor for Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- Community Case Manager covering GP practices in and around York, Tadcaster & Selby
- Oncology Research Nurse for colorectal & upper GI studies at York Hospital
- Research Nurse for early intervention cancer studies, Hull York Medical School (University of Hull) covering sites around Yorkshire.
Specialist areas of interest and clinical practice
- Early intervention of signs and symptoms of cancer
- Effective management of long term conditions
- Avoiding unplanned hospital admissions & frequent callers to emergency services
- Encouraging effective communication between primary, secondary and tertiary care.
Currently working on the Bowel Scope Screening study using primary care to increase uptake of the Bowel Scope Screening Programme in Hull: evaluating paper and telephone based interventions.This study aims to find ways in which primary care can help increase participation in the bowel scope screening (BSS) programme. It is a two-phase multi-site randomised controlled trial (RCT) with GP registered patients approaching 55 years and 2 months (eligibility age for BSS). Phase 1 evaluation of interventions (letters; phone calls);Phase 2 evaluation of intervention process.