You must self-isolate if you:
- have any Covid-19 symptoms (a high temperature, a new or continuous cough, loss of or change to your sense of taste or smell)
- have tested positive for Covid-19 (you can book a test through the NHS COVID-19 app, or the Government website or by telephoning 119)
- Share a household with someone who has symptoms or who has tested positive
- are contacted and asked to do so either by the Medical School or your University or NHS Test and Trace
- have travelled to the UK from a non-exempt country.
You must not come to campus or your clinical placement location and you should report to the Medical School and University that you are self-isolating.
If you are self-isolating for any of the reasons outlined above, you should notify us by completing the University COVID-19 self-isolation form for University of Hull or University of York.
University of Hull self-isolation form
University of York student self-isolation form
Students should also notify their programme administrator and, where relevant, their PBL Tutor/Academic Supervisor.
Medicine students in Phase II or III of their programme who are on full time clinical placement must also inform their Student Liaison Team at their clinical placement site.
All Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate taught (PGT) students who are unwell and not able to attend teaching sessions (including online) should also complete an illness Absence Form and email to email@example.com (UG) or your programme administrator (PGT)
Anyone self-isolating should also follow Government guidance for self-isolation.