AAB at A Level including Biology and Chemistry
If you are a care leaver* or you fulfil two out of the following contextual data criteria and you are not eligible for the Alternative Offer (below), you will be made this Contextual Offer.
You will only be eligible for this offer if you choose Hull York Medical School as your firm choice in UCAS.
- Your home postcode is in an area of low participation (your POLAR4 young participation quintile should be 1 or 2 to qualify). You can check your postcode on the Office for Students website
- Your parents don't have any higher education qualifications, such as a Certificate, Diploma or Degree
- You applied for and received the UCAT Bursary
Contextual Offer and Interview Fast Track
We will offer a fast track to interview to applicants who meet all our entry criteria, have achieved a UCAT score in the 3rd decile or above and who fall into one of the following categories:
- You are a care leaver*
- You have successfully engaged with one of the following widening participation programmes:
- Hull York Medical School Summer Residential Programme
- University of Hull Year 12 Summer School
- University of York Experience Summer School (YESS)
*Our definition of a care leaver, in accordance with the Children Leaving Care Act (2020), is a young person (under 25) who has been in the care of, or has been given accommodation by, their local authority for a period of at least 13 weeks since the age of 14, and before the age of 16. This can be a single period of 13 weeks, or multiple periods totalling 13 weeks or more.
ABB at A Level including Biology and Chemistry
The Alternative Offer is given to applicants who successfully complete one of the following recognised widening participation schemes:
- Hull York Medical School Pathways to Medicine programme
- University of York Next Step York programme
- University of York - YorWay to York programme
- Realising Opportunities programme
- UKWPMED programmes (Hull York, Birmingham, Brighton Sussex**, Keele, Manchester, Plymouth)
Students engaging satisfactorily with the above widening participation programmes bypass the selection for interview stage and go direct to interview if they meet the predicted grades for the Alternative Offer, achieve a UCAT score in the 3rd decile or above and satisfy all other entry criteria.
**For the Brighton Sussex programme we will accept BMAT scores in the place of the UCAT, as follows:
- Section 1 – at least 2.5
- Section 2 - at least 2.5
- Section 3 - at least 2.5C