Important information about the ASPIRE event
In light of the current national situation regarding coronavirus, the ASPIRE event will no longer proceed as advertised.
We hope to reschedule as soon as circumstances allow.
Annual Specialty Training Event (ASPIRE) – Academic research
Friday 29 May 2020, 10am – 4.30pm
University of Hull
- Are you interested in research?
- Are you an early career researcher?
- Would you like to meet other researchers from across the vascular specialty?
- Would you like to find out about what research is currently happening and make connections for future projects?
Here at Hull York Medical School, we are pleased to host the Vascular Society Research Committee's ASPIRE event on Friday 29 May 2020, 10am–4.30pm at the University of Hull.
Who can attend?
This event is open to any vascular healthcare professional, whether you have previous research experience or not. This includes (but not limited to): Medical students, foundation doctors, core-higher surgical trainees, research fellows, nurses, technologists, radiologists, and physiotherapists.
During this one day event you will:
- Find out about research career pathways and available training schemes, hearing from vascular colleagues with direct experience.
- Learn about what makes a successful research application; choosing the right funder, guidance for research design and how and when to access a range of research networks.
- Have the opportunity to spend 1:1 time with a choice of specialists during research clinic sessions, for advice to suit your own development needs or interests
Please note that 1:1 sessions will be allocated on a first come first served basis, as such early booking on this event is recommended.
University of Hull
Please note that parking on campus at the University of Hull is strictly limited, and subject to availability. We would advise that guests use the pay and display Wilberforce car park, accessed via the Campus North entrance on Inglemire Lane. Disabled parking is available across campus.Please view the campus map for details.
If you are using a SatNav, please use the postcode HU6 7DF.