We're inspiring the next generation of exceptional health professionals
The Health Professions Education Unit leads and participates in a range of clinical educator and faculty development, outreach, continuing professional development, public engagement and science communication events.
Events include seminars, lectures, interactive workshops and conferences.
We are very experienced in delivering workshops for key health profession education topics such as small and large group teaching, delivering effective feedback, designing formative and summative assessments, clinical supervision, microteaching, educational principles and theoretical frameworks, reflective and adult learning, and more. Our faculty represent a range of professions and we are familiar with the UK Professional Standards Framework informing our pedagogy. We have previously been commissioned to provide education for GP trainers by Health Education England.
We provide support for Hull York Medical School clinical staff using a range of approaches:
- Online CPD accredited provision
- Professional development on health education topics
- Mentoring and support for Hull York Medical School colleagues to work towards professional educator accreditations with Advance HE and the Academy of Medical Educators
- Regular communication through our clinical partners update newsletter
- Reposity of helpful resources for educators
Enquire about hosting learning events and training
We welcome enquiries from healthcare organisations who are seeking to upskill their educators. If you are interested in hosting an outreach activity to develop staff within your organisation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New and experienced Hull York Medical School honorary clinical staff are also encouraged to get in touch to find out about upcoming educator events.
Anatomical body painting
Body painting is considered by some to be the most ancient form of art, but is now most frequently seen on the face, usually at sporting events or children’s parties. However, body painting is now being used in the medical setting as a way of projecting the inside on to the outside.
The Health Professions Education Unit facilitates seminars, displays and interactive workshops on anatomy and body painting.
Select past events include:
- Shambala Festival
- Culture Cure: Late Night at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry
- Science Night at The Centre for Life, Newcastle
- Researchers Revealed at the Hancock Museum, Newcastle
- British Science Festival
- Northern Ireland Science Festival