The University of Hull and the University of York (the Universities who jointly operate Hull York Medical School – thereafter collectively referred to as 'University') provides this website and its contents.
This page explains how accessible our website currently is and how we plan to improve it.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website and we are continually working towards improving its accessibility.
On most pages on our website you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate using just a keyboard
- navigate using speech recognition software
- listen to content using a screen reader.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA accessibility standard.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible for the following reasons:
- Some pages have incorrect heading hierarchies (WCAG: 2.4.10)
- Some pages have insufficient colour contrast of the text and background (WCAG: 1.4.3)
- A small number of PDF documents do not meet accessibility standards (WCAGL PDF Techniques) - this mainly affects PDFs of research posters
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
In 2022, we are:
- Moving the remainder of our web content into newer templates which are tested to meet accessibility standards (this mainly affects our 'Research' pages). This will fix issues with sufficient colour contrast and heading hierarchies
- Continuing to monitor the website to identify and fix accessibility issues which affect individual pages
- Including accessibility considerations and testing as standard in our development processes
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email our Marketing and Communications team: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy with our response, please contact our Governance Team: email@example.com
We are committed to making our website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This statement was last updated in August 2022.