Research Fellow in cancer rehabilitation currently working with Yorkshire Cancer Research (YCR), TRANSFORM Group on a project to design a nutrition and exercise treatment to help improve quality of life for people over 70 years with lung cancer alongside other treatments they may receive.
Bolzani A, Rolser S, Kalies H, Maddocks M, Rehfuess E, Swan F, Gysels M, Higginson I, Booth S, Bausewein B, Respiratory interventions for breathlessness in adults with advanced Diseases [protocol]. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 6.
Luckett T PJ, Johnson MJ, Farquhar M, Swan F, Assen T, Bhattarai P, Booth S. . Contributions of a hand-held fan to self-management of chronic breathlessness European Respiratory Journal. 2017, Vol 50 (2).
Swan F, Booth S. The role of airflow for the relief of chronic refractory breathlessness. Current Opinion Supportive Palliative Care. 2015, 9:206-11.
Swan F, Newey A, Bland M, Bausewein C, Booth S, Johnson M, Yorke J, A systematic review and meta-analyses of airflow for the relief of chronic refractory breathlessness in people with advanced cardio-respiratory diseases and mild hypoxaemia. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2017, Vol 195: A4286
Johnson M, Swan F, Booth S, Currow D, Hart S, Philips J L, The hand-held fan for breathlessness: How do patients use it and does it help? Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2017, Vol 195: A2685
HYMS post-graduate research conference, 3 minute PhD thesis presentation prize winner: Airflow systematic review (SR) and meta-analyses, (2015)
HYMS post-graduate award, The Dorothy Robson Prize for Palliative Medicine, (2017)
Key International/national presentaions
- Invited workshop facilitator. Palliative care conference,: Acupuncture in palliative care, Scarborough (2013)
- Invited speaker. Associated Chartered Physiotherapists in Oncology & Palliative Care (ACPOPC) conference: Non-pharmacological interventions for chronic breathlessness. Harrogate (2014)
- Thematic poster presentation. European Respiratory Society (ERS) Congress: Calming Hand and Fan Feasibility (CHAFF) study, Milan (Sept 2017)
- Poster. American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Congress : Airflow systematic review (SR) & meta-analyses, Washington D.C. (May 2017)
- Poster discussion session. American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Congress, and poster discussion presentation: The hand-held fan for breathlessness, how do patients use it and does it help? Washington D.C. (May 2017)
- Invited speaker. PHASE meeting: Self-management of chronic breathlessness. Kathmandu, Nepal (July 2018)7. Invited speaker NCRI supportive & palliative care clinical studies group. Cancer Behavioural Nutrition and Exercise Feasibility Trial (CanBenefit) London (Oct 2018)