The Wolfson Palliative Care Research Centre welcomes visits from other researchers, for a stay of a few weeks to several months. We welcome enquiries from researchers interested in contributing to our innovative research in palliative care.
A research visit to our Centre is a great opportunity to join our supportive, collaborative research group. You will be welcomed to exchange ideas, challenge ways of thinking and generate new knowledge in palliative care – and ultimately translate and implement our research to improve palliative care services for patients and their families.
If you are interested in visiting us, please contact us at WolfsonPallCare@hyms.ac.uk
Where is the Centre?
The Wolfson Palliative Care Research Centre is based in the Allam Medical Building on the University of Hull campus.
Opened by Her Majesty The Queen in 2017, the building provides an aspirational teaching, learning and collaborative research environment across disciplines, a research methodological hub and a clinical trials unit.
Previous visitors include:
- Dr Jonathan Adler, Consultant Palliative Medicine, Wellington Regional Hospital, New Zealand
- Dr Carlo Barbetta, Pordenone, Italy
- Professor Claudia Bausewein, Munich, Germany
- Dr Rajani Bhat, Interventional Pulmonologist, Bangalore, India
- Dr Eleanora Coppo, Turin, Italy
- Dr Farina Hodiamont, Munich, Germany
- Dr Lucy Kernick, Melbourne, Australia
- Dr Anita Khotari, London, Ontario, Canada
- Professor Yoshiyuki Kizawa, Director of the Department of Palliative and Supportive Care at the University of Tsukuba Hospital and Professor of Palliative Medicine at the University of Tsukuba, Faculty of Medicine
- Professor Dr Andrea Koppitz, Professor of Ageing and Long Term Care, Health Department of Zurich University of Applied Science, Switzerland
- Dr Natasha Smallwood, Melbourne, Australia
- Professor Jane Phillips, Sydney, Australia
- Dr Cindy Verberkt, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Dr Anna Winthereik, Aarhus, Denmark
- Rebecca Woodhouse, Research Associate, University of York