Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (EDIC) is made up of academic staff, professional services staff and students, which together work to ensure our values are embedded throughout all of our activities.
The EDIC is a subcommittee of the Medical School Management Board. It is where the Medical School leadership meets with the Human Resources/Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Offices of both the Universities of Hull and York, representatives from staff networks, trade unions and student representatives.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are matters for all staff and students and we encourage anyone who wishes to raise issues or suggestions for the committee to get in touch with one of our members.
The EDIC has as its core the mission to:
- Develop strategy for equality, diversity and inclusion;
- Monitor equality, diversity and inclusion matters;
- Evaluate action and progress made in key areas of activity e.g. Athena SWAN;
- Provide support and guidance for the Medical School and our parent Universities’ equality, diversity and inclusion strategy, policies and action plans;
- Proactively advance equality and inclusive practice in our staff and student recruitment and admissions processes, in our research activity, in our teaching, within the School environment and in the experiences we offer to our academic and professional services and the student community.
Equality, diversity and inclusion factsheet (PDF)