Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) champions promote awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion issues in the day-to-day operation of Hull York Medical School, working in collaboration with the EDI offices of our parent universities.
The roles are to:
- Be an active member of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (EDIC) and contribute to the development and management of the EDIC action plan.
- Identify equality, diversity and inclusion priorities and develop appropriate actions to address these.
- Attend and contribute to Hull York Medical School self-assessment team meetings for AdvanceHE Equality Charters (e.g. Athena SWAN).
- Attend and contribute to Faculty and University self-assessment team meetings for AdvanceHE Equality Charters (e.g. Athena SWAN, Race Equality Charter).
- Raise awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion issues/activities, share best practice and celebrate diversity within Hull York Medical School.
- Be familiar with relevant policies and legislation.
- Contribute to the organisation of events for national and international equality celebration dates (e.g. Black History Month, International Women’s Day, Pride, etc.).
- Liaise with EDI champions from other departments within the University.
- Attend training and network events as necessary.
- Be willing to speak out about equality in a variety of settings.
Who are our EDI champions?
Each of our EDI champions have responsibility to promote awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion issues for certain protected characteristics: