During the first two years of the programme, students are based at either the University of Hull or the University of York campus – both of which offer a vibrant student experience. Successful applicants will be informed of their campus, which is allocated randomly by ballot, at the point of offer.
In third, fourth and fifth year, all students undertake placements across the whole of our region, including Hull, York, Scarborough, Scunthorpe and Grimsby, regardless of their home campus.
Requesting a specific campus
We will only consider requests for a specific campus allocation if your fall into one of the following categories:
- You intend to live at home and want to study at the campus nearest to you (provided you live within the Hull York Medical School region (as defined below) and within 30 miles of your selected campus)
- You intend to live on campus and live within the Hull York Medical School region (as defined below)
- You're already a student at the University of York or the University of Hull when you apply, and want to stay at that campus
- You have a sibling who is already a student at the University of York or the University of Hull (and who is not in their final year when you apply)
- You are a student from outside the EU/EEA
The Hull York Medical School region covers schools/colleges which are located within the following Local Authority areas:
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Kingston upon Hull
- North East Lincolnshire
- North Lincolnshire
- North Yorkshire
Redcar and Cleveland
To make a request, applicants are required to complete the Campus Allocation Requests online form after attending interview. The deadline for campus allocation requests is 7 January 2019.
We will use the information that you provide on your initial UCAS application. We are unable to accept campus allocation requests from applicants who move into the area after applying to Hull York Medical School.