We are pleased to offer six Intercalated Student Bursaries to Hull York Medical School MB BS Medicine and MB BS Medicine with a Gateway Year students to undertake an intercalated degree at the School in 2022 on one of the following programmes:
Value of award
Each award offers a 50% tuition fee reduction for the intercalated degree programme for 2022 entry and will be awarded as a cash payment to support living expenses. There are six awards in total for students applying to the eligible programmes listed above.
To be considered for this award:
- You must have applied to study and hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) for the eligible programmes listed above.
- You must be paying tuition fees at the UK (home) rate. If you are not sure of your fee status visit the University of York website.
- You must be commencing your degree course in September 2022. Students who are applying in 2022 for deferred entry will not be eligible for this award but will be advised of scholarships available to them in their year of entry.
- Your household income must be below £25,000
In addition, you must also meet one of the following widening participation criteria:
- Have been eligible for contextual or alternative offers when applying to the MB BS Medicine or MB BS Medicine With a Gateway Programme at Hull York Medical School.
Information about 2021 contextual offer, contextual offer and interview fast track, alternative offer and Medicine with a Gateway Year widening participation eligibility criteria, is available on the Hull York Medical School website.
Eligible students will be able to receive this bursary in addition to the Hull York Medical School Bursary.
How will the bursaries be awarded?
Applicants are required to submit a statement, 1000-words maximum, which will be considered alongside their personal statement and CV.
Bursaries will be awarded to applicants based on the following:
- Understanding of and commitment to the Medical School’s values
- Commitment to their chosen field of study and to their career development
- Personal achievements
- Academic merit
- Ability to communicate in a written format
The application will also be judged on structure, presentation, relevant content and how well the brief was addressed.
How to apply
Applicants should apply online using the link below. The deadline for applications is the 31 May 2022.
If you have any queries regarding the Hull York Medical School Intercalated Student Bursaries, please email email@example.com